I started in the far corner and slowly started staining with the stain in a spray bottle and blending it with a rag. About a third of the way finished I realized I wasn’t going to have enough stain and really didn’t want to go have to buy more stain, in the two colors now. I finished staining the entire border then I picked random rocks to stain the current shade of stain. Then I added more water to thin it out and give me a little more stain. I picked a few more rock pavers to stain with that version and then repeated twice more: add water, stain a few more, add water, and stain the last few. I barely had enough bit it worked and I really like the different shades of all of the pavers.
Sometimes quick thinking and a little creativity and resourcefulness save the day!