I cut the seven quilt fabrics into 5 ½” thick strips of fabric and sewed them together. I then cut the sewn together rows vertically into 5 ½” thick strips. This made a vertical row of the seven different fabrics all sewn together. I would then remove one or more sewn squares and moved it to the next vertical row and sewed in place. This created the pattern I wanted most easily, even though it doesn’t seem like it. After all the new rows were completed, I sewed them all together, creating the front of the quilt. I then sewed a thick border of fabric all along the side of the quilt.
I used temporary fabric adhesive spray to stick the front of the quilt to the back before sewing in place. I sewed lines along the seams of all of the quilt squares, making sure not to put any stitches on the border.
Once I was finished I folded and ironed the unsewn edge of the border, folding the iron edge over on the backside and sewed it down to create the quilt border.
The mommy and daddy-to-be loved the quilt which is so awesome and the bonus was it only cost me a few hours of my time, not to forget a little less fabric in my storage bins!