I wanted to add a new soup to the rotation and I came across this one and put my own twist on it.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion diced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups green peppers chopped
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups Minute Rice uncooked
- Brown the beef with the onion in a pan over medium heat.
- Drain your beef and onions and place in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes (juice and all) and the rest of your ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
It was delicious and filling and even Andrew enjoyed it!